Let’s talk about a subject that’s near and dear to my heart: custom closets! If you’re building your own custom home, it goes without saying that you’ll want to include a unique custom closet space too. Guys, it literally turns your house into a home!
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Building a custom closet can be a big (and complicated) deal, so I’ve written up a quick guide to help you make a game plan. Get ready to design a fantastic custom space!
Things To Consider
Planning is the most important (and let’s face it, least fun) part about building custom rooms. As much as I’d love to just jump right into the construction process, it’s a good idea to develop blueprints first.
First things first! Think about the details you want to see in your custom closet:
- Shape — Circular, square, or something unique?
- Size — Walk-in or reach-in closets?
- Style — Be as decadent or understated as you want!
- Color — Bright and peppy? What about regally gray?
- Accessories — Drawers, panels, baskets, shelves, and more.
That last bullet point is super important, so don’t breeze by it! Make sure you let the custom home builders know exactly what you’re looking for in terms of items and storage. Do you need to maximize your drawer space? Add new tie racks? What about style enhancements? It’s just all so exciting and so overwhelming, especially when custom-building the rest of your house.
Now that you’ve got the basics down, it’s time to move on to custom closet accessories!
Custom Closets Accessories To Know
You can get literally anything (seriously, anything) installed in a custom closet. These are spaces meant just for you, after all! Add to it what you want.
That being said, there’s a gazillion different types of closet accessories you could choose from for your space. Here’s a list of the most popular of them, along with their functions:
- Jewelry Drawers: Organize those cute earrings inside a pullout drawer (all conveniently in your closet).
- Shoe Racks: Store those suckers off the ground, either vertically or horizontally.
- Fold-Out Ironing Boards: Moms rejoice! This one is a great feature for families.
- Lighting: Make your duds look better than ever! Specialized lighting also transforms your wardrobe into a conversation piece.
- Center Island: This is one accessory that your custom closet space has GOT to have! Islands make folding, cleaning, and organizing a breeze!
At the end of the day, the accessories you choose to install are up to you. Just make sure you’re in love with them all!
Schedule A Design Appointment
Ready to start designing? So am I! My crew at eNg Design and Construction loves working on custom homes and rooms for people all over St. Tammany Parish, including Springfield LA.
If you want to see what we can do for you, schedule an initial design appointment with our custom home builders today. I can’t wait to help!